Urethral stricture is a narrowing of the urethral opening that causes urination problems. The urethra is the opening from which people urinate. If this opening is scarred or blocked due to some reason, the flow of urine is hampered. The urethral stricture treatment in Delhi must be provided as soon as possible; otherwise, the scar tissue keeps on hardening and the choice of non-invasive treatment is no longer available.
Symptoms of Urethral Stricture
What is the bulbar urethral stricture?
An obstruction of urine flow through the urethra, known as a bulbar stricture, causes the body to have difficulty passing urine.
The severity of bulbar urethral strictures can vary from minor obstructions with limited symptoms to complete obstructions with severe symptoms and no urine passage. The severity of bulbar urethral strictures can vary from minor obstructions with limited symptoms to complete obstructions with severe symptoms and no urine passage.
How the diagnosis of Urethral Stricture is made?
In most cases, the diagnosis is made based on the symptoms of the patient. After that, a few tests are done (not all of them) to confirm the diagnosis of urethral stricture. After this, Dr Ashish decides the best urethral stricture treatment options for the patient and performs that treatment. He is known for the best urethral stricture treatment in Delhi.
- Urine flow testing
- Physical examination to check for any swelling or infection
- Blood tests
Urethral Stricture Treatment in Delhi
- Urethral Dilation by Endoscopic Urethrotomy: This is the best treatment of urethral stricture in Delhi, given by Dr. Ashish Saini, and gives the best result and patient satisfaction. A small wire-like probe is inserted inside the urethra to clear any blockage and dilate the urethral opening.
- Catheter Placement: If the urethral dilation fails, then a permanent catheter is placed inside the urethra to help achieve normal urine flow. This catheter drains urine.
- Urethroplasty Surgery: This surgical option is for patients with chronic urethral strictures who fail to respond to urethrotomy. In this procedure, the narrowed scar tissue is removed. This tissue is then replaced by some donor tissue taken from the patient’s body.
- Appendicovesicostomy: In this surgery, the appendix is used to create the connection between the bladder and the stomach skin. A puncture wound is created in the stomach (generally in the navel), which then helps in voiding the urine by attachment of a urine bag or self-catheterization by the patient.
Dr Ashish Saini is considered the best andrologist in the Delhi NCR for urethral stricture treatment. He is a gold medalist from AIIMS New Delhi and has more than 12 yrs experience in urology and sexology.