90% of female patients seeking hymenoplasty are unable to proceed because of uncertainty and anxieties.
Even though we are in the twenty-first century, many women continue to battle for their rights. The advancement of medical research has made it possible for women to repair their damaged hymen with the utmost precision, but the regressive society makes little effort to judge a woman on many characteristics, such as the presence of an intact hymen to attest to a woman’s virginity. However, there are persistent false beliefs that make it difficult for women to live their lives freely.
A conservative view of sexuality is the main reason for such misunderstandings. Hymenoplasty surgery should not put your future in danger because of a broken hymen. Revirgination surgery can let you regain your virginity while maintaining your privacy. Dr Ashish Saini has brought you this blog to let you all know that your wish is your command. Don’t let the opinion of others affect what would make you happy.
The Purpose of Hymenoplasty
- Given that it is only a cosmetic adjustment, this operation might not be a necessary one. However, you might need this treatment due to a few major issues. There could be several causes, from physical to psychological. The following points are covered about this.
- Hymen blockage: Given that the membrane is obstructed, this could become a significant issue. In turn, this restricts blood flow, which would interfere with menstrual flow. To facilitate the flow, a tiny hole is made in the hymen.
- The term “septate hymen” refers to a hymen having a complex structure. In such circumstances, the hymenal tissue splits into rope-like structures, forming a complex pattern. The hymen may become thick. To avoid any problem because of the thickness, a hymectomy is performed.
- The hymen may frequently sustain unintended harm while treating inadvertent ruptures. You can select hymenoplasty to restore the hymen if you feel that it is unsatisfactory.
- Muscle tightening – after childbirth or with advancing age, the vaginal muscles may become flaccid. Hymenoplasty can be used to treat this.
Who would be the best candidate for Hymenoplasty?
There could be either sexual or nonsexual motives. If you want to replace your hymen tissue or don’t have any, you can be the best candidate for the surgery. Unmarried women who want to demonstrate that their hymen has been unbroken may choose surgery if they discover otherwise. Typically, women who have already had a pregnancy choose this procedure to tighten their muscles. Girls who have experienced unwanted tears may also decide to treat them.
Some common Myths and their Facts about Hymenoplasty,
Myth 1: Procedure guarantees virginity.
Fact: By achieving an undamaged hymen, hymenoplasty can help you give your spouse a “virgin partner” experience. Hymenoplasty does not, however, guarantee virginity. Even in girls who have never engaged in sexual activity, the hymen can become ripped for a variety of reasons.
Girls should be aware that having an intact hymen does not ensure virginity before having hymenoplasty. Regardless of their hymen, virgin women are the only ones who have never engaged in penetrative sexual activity.
A thin layer of mucosal tissue called the hymen partially encircles the vaginal outer opening. Particularly among women from conservative societies, it is a common belief that mending a ruptured hymen might help a woman regain her virginity.
However, you should be aware that some girls who are virgins have had no hymen since birth despite being virgins before you associate virginity with an intact hymen. Therefore, you must never equate virginity with having an intact hymen.
Myth 2: Hymenoplasty is expensive.
Fact: Contrary to popular belief, hymenoplasty surgery is inexpensive, and recovery only takes a few days so you can get back to your normal routine. Before having revirgination surgery, you must select a doctor who is skilled and has completed this process successfully. In India, the surgery typically costs between 600 and 1000 USD.
Myth 3: The majority of individuals think that hymenoplasty surgery hurts and is dangerous.
Fact: Contrary to popular opinion, the hymenoplasty operation is not unpleasant. Your doctor will prescribe an anaesthetic before the surgery to make sure you don’t experience any pain.
Additionally, hymen repair surgery by laser, which is painless, is an option if you don’t feel comfortable having anaesthetic provided. The procedure is safe and there is little chance that it will have any negative effects.
Myth 4: Because the hymen covers the whole vagina, Hymen repair surgery may alter vaginal function throughout the menstrual cycle.
Fact: The majority of individuals do hold this misconception. But the hymen does not completely encircle the vagina. Instead, it is a thin tissue that partially envelops and surrounds the vagina. It stands to reason that the menstrual blood wouldn’t leak out of the vagina if something was covering it.
Myth 5: Hymen repair surgery causes an irregular menstrual cycle.
Fact: The menstrual cycle and hymenoplasty surgery have no relationship. Hymenoplasty is performed at a very surface level, with no connection to the entire vagina. Menstrual cycle discontinuation is influenced by several other factors that scarcely have anything to do with a hymen or even a vagina.
Hymen Repair Surgery
Several ladies were able to restore an unbroken hymen that had previously broken owing to a variety of circumstances thanks to hymenoplasty or hymen repair surgery. Recently, married women who desire to surprise their spouses by reclaiming unbroken hymen have started to become more and more interested in this treatment.
Many women cheat on their “virginity” when necessary by using hymen medications, virginity kits, and blood capsules. These, however, are both ineffective and dangerous. They result in bleeding, infection, vaginal dryness, discomfort, and, occasionally, risk of infertility. If necessary, hymenoplasty surgery is a relatively safe, clinically-recommended, and 100% successful way to repair a damaged hymen.
Getting ready for Hymen Repair
You might find this frightening, but you shouldn’t be. One of the simplest and safest techniques is this one. Feel free to talk about it with your doctor so that you both are aware of the requirements. Visit clinics that treat you with kindness and compassion. The most crucial thing is that you feel comfortable and confident in your doctor. Choose female medical professionals if you prefer them for this type of care.
The procedure involved in a Hymenoplasty
- One should have a thorough grasp of the surgical treatment, including the benefits and drawbacks, before deciding on a hymenoplasty. A consultation with the surgeon is therefore crucial; he or she should be skilled, have excellent credentials, and have a high success record.
- The surgeon will choose a date for the procedure once you are prepared (physically, intellectually, emotionally, and financially). The following steps make up the painless hymenoplasty process.
- To make the procedure less painful, the patient receives local anaesthesia before the surgery.
- The hymen tissues’ torn edges are then meticulously stitched back together. The hymen is sutured in a way that does not completely enclose or conceal the vaginal opening.
- In some circumstances, the flap of skin that makes up the vaginal lining may also be used to create a new hymen.
- Rarely does a hymenoplasty take more than two hours to complete? However, the patient needs to be carefully observed and followed for the following two to three hours (for signs of any complications or extreme side effects and discomfort).
- The full healing and recuperation process could take six to eight weeks.
- The patient is typically released on the same day.
Associated Risks with Hymenoplasty
Rarely are their risks or serious effects associated with hymenoplasty. The vaginal wall may tighten, there may be some bleeding, and there may be some minor pain that lasts for a few days after the procedure.
Precautions to Take After Hymn Repair Surgery
The preventative steps listed below might do wonders for a better recovery without any issues.
- Strenuous exercise, swimming, and aerobics should be avoided for at least a couple of weeks, or as directed by your doctor.
- Avoid having intercourse right after a hymenoplasty. Following hymen repair surgery, doctors typically prescribe four-week abstinence from sex.
- At least two or three times a week, taking Epsom salt baths while sitting on them, can be beneficial.
A Fresh Method of Hymenoplasty Surgery in Delhi
There is a new technique if you are getting surgery to feel the discomfort of your first sexual encounter. It’s referred to as “superhymenoplasty.” It involves the artificial creation of a super-hymen to increase the amount of bleeding that occurs after the initial sexual act. General anaesthesia is likewise required, but the doctor makes two layers in the vagina. Under the urethral orifice, torn parts of the hymen are inserted during the process.
Although there may be some slight discomfort, the treatment guarantees results. The experts suggest you wash the region with warm water after the procedure and then apply any ointment that is suited for your skin. This promotes quicker healing.
The Effectiveness of Hymen repair surgery
This procedure is simple, as was previously stated. However, you must exercise caution and heed your gynecologist’s instructions before, during, and after the procedure. It has a 98% success rate.
Gain from Hymen repair surgery
You will benefit from having regular sex with only light to moderate bleeding. Unintentionally created damage is rectified. You might feel better as a result. You may be more aware of your body as a woman, and even minor injuries can concern you. You can regain your confidence with this operation.
After hymen repair, there are side effects and complications. The only surgery with potential hazards and negative effects is maybe this one. Major compilations are not involved. But occasionally, a stricture-related issue could arise. The vaginal opening may constrict in such a situation, making the subsequent act of erotica challenging. The following are other negative effects,
- Bruising and pain Numbness
- Bleeding and swelling
- But if you rigorously adhere to the guidelines, all of these issues can be resolved quickly.
Healing after Hysterectomy
When it comes down to it, hymenoplasty shouldn’t be a cause for fear. To prevent such misunderstandings, it is more crucial than ever to have a clear understanding of sexuality or to receive appropriate sex education. Most importantly, it shouldn’t involve anything sexual or be exaggerated in any manner.
You can heal quickly if you take a few days off. It takes at least seven to ten days to fully recover. You can go back to work after two to three days, but not before you’ve avoided hard activities.
It’s important to keep in mind that you can’t have sex until eight weeks have gone by. You need to allow it some time to heal completely. This is a beneficial long-term treatment. It lasts a very long time and does its job well.
Dr Ashish Saini Is Here For You At Every Step
Dr Ashish Saini is practical, accessible, and sympathetic. It offers a fairly straightforward method for locating solutions to issues. Do ensure to check out Hymenoplasty Surgery in Delhi at his clinic. This clinic was established to provide the ones in need with a comprehensive healthcare solution.
1. Is it safe to do a hymenoplasty?
Hymens can be repaired safely and effectively through hymenoplasty surgery. Like any surgical procedure, it might, however, lead to complications. It depends on both the general health of the patient and the surgeon’s surgical skill. The risks associated with hypomenorrhea are limited to unusual bleeding.
2. Can hymenoplasty be detected?
After a brief period of relaxation following the quick 30- to 45-minute hymenoplasty procedure, you can walk home the same day. Contrary to popular belief, the procedure is entirely successful and leaves no obvious scars, and a few weeks later, it is impossible to tell whether a hymen is naturally occurring or has undergone surgical repair.
3. Can the hymen protect the vagina?
The hymen is typically unrelated to whether a woman (or someone who was assigned female at birth) has engaged in sexual activity, despite its reputation as a sign of it. It blocks your vagina and resembles a hard, seal-like covering. It is very soft and flexible, and it doesn’t always seal off your vaginal hole.
4. Can a doctor tell if you had a hymenoplasty?
It is impossible to tell the difference between a hymen that develops naturally and one that has been surgically fixed. This makes it impossible for a doctor to tell if you had surgery.
5. Will I bleed after the hymenoplasty?
The same as with a natural hymen, bleeding continues after hymenoplasty.
6. What Is The Cost Of Hymenoplasty In India?
In comparison to other major surgeries, the expense of the hymen repair is significantly lower. The price range for hymenoplasty surgery is between $20,000 – $50,000.