Peyronie disease causes painful erections in men due to the scar on the penile tissue. The erections are mostly curved thereby creating painful intercourse or a complete inability to do it. The reason behind Peyronie’s disease is trauma to the genital organs that heals in the form of scars or plaque.
Symptoms of Peyronie Disease
- Painful curved erections
- A scar tissue or lump can be felt inside the penis
- The bend is visible and self-diagnosable by the patient
- Erectile dysfunction due to the curved erection
- Painful Intercourse
- Penis shortening may occur without treatment
How the Diagnosis of Peyronie Disease is made?
- By Physical examination by the andrologist
- By Ultrasound (usually not required)
Peyronie Disease Treatment in Delhi
The main course of Peyronie’s disease treatment is penile traction along with supportive medications. The one medication for Peyronie’s disease that is mostly given is collagenase Clostridium histolyticum (Xiaflex), it helps in reducing the scar buildup and helps in improving the curvature back to normal. Gentle stretching exercises are also taught to the patient after accessing the curvature. The other effective options include
- Penile Traction – a particular amount of gentle traction is applied to the penis in order to achieve an erect shape and stretch the tightened muscle tissues.
- Penile Implants – These implants are surgically implanted inside the curved penis to achieve support and a straight shape during erection. These can be of two types semi-rigid and inflatable. Inflatable penile implants are the best type of implants which mirror normal erection.
Shockwave Therapy – low-intensity sound waves are provided on the curvature for 20 minutes in each session.