Vasectomy is one of the most common ways of family planning in which the vas deferens of the male are cut. This stops the flow of sperm outside the penis thereby making the male sterile. However due to varied life situations, if the male wants to be fertile again then this vasectomy is reversed by connecting the tubes again. This ensures smooth flow of sperm thereby making the patient fertile again.
Reasons of Vasectomy Reversal
The reasons for vasectomy reversal are mostly personal. It can be
- New life partner/Remarriage
- Death of a child
- Changed decision of the couple to have one more child
Factors on which the vasectomy Reversal Success Depends
The success of vasectomy reversal treatment is considered on the basis of pregnancy of the partner. It depends upon many factors such as –
- Time period between vasectomy and vasectomy reversal.
- Age of the patient.
- Expertise of the andrologist (Dr Ashish Saini is trained and experienced in microsurgical techniques).
- Type of vasectomy performed in the past.
Vasectomy Reversal Procedure
After giving anesthesia to the patient, a small incision is made under the scrotum. This incision reveals vas deferens tubes, the two cuts are examined for the sperm flow. These cuts are then joined with the help of microsurgical techniques to avoid any scarring. After which the incision is closed and the patient is sent to the recovery room.
What to Expect after Vasectomy Reversal Surgery?
- The genital area may remain swollen for a few days
- Swelling will go down to normal within two to four days
- Avoid sports and any other strenuous physical activity for about 4 weeks
- Try not to wet the surgical site to avoid any infections
Are you also among those people who search for vasectomy reversal treatment near me or vasectomy reversal treatment in Delhi? You are on the right platform. If you want to get the best in class treatment related to vasectomy reversal, you can definitely contact Dr. Ashish Saini to get the best vasectomy reversal treatment in Delhi & NCR.