Kidney Tumor Treatment and Surgery in Delhi, NCR & India
Surgery Available – Yes
Hospitalization Required – Yes, it depends on the type and stage of tumour.
Lab Tests Facility – Available
Emergency Treatment – Available
In-Patient Facilities – Available
Imaging Facility – Available
Same-Day Appointment – Available
Recovery Rate – he recovery rate is high, although it depends on the stage of cancer.
Dr. Ashish Saini, the Best Urologist and Sexologist in Delhi NCR.
Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is the most common cancer of the kidney and an experienced uro-oncologist is needed to suggest the best kidney tumor treatment to the patient. Kidney tumors can be clear cell carcinoma as well but renal carcinomas constitute major renal cancers. However the kidney cancers are rare cancers and are not detected early as they don’t exhibit any symptoms.
Risk Factors of renal cancer are smoking, hypertension, obesity, genetics, occupational hazard (iron and steel industry workers) and some conditions are genetic conditions such as von Hippel-Lindau (VHL) disease or inherited papillary renal cell carcinoma. Persons having these risk factors are more prone to kidney cancers than others.
Symptoms of Kidney Tumors
- The renal carcinomas are asymptomatic in the beginning
- Later on the symptoms develop as the tumor advances such as blood in urine
- Side pain/Flank pain or back pain on one side
- Constant Fatigue
- Unexplained or excessive Weight loss
- High Blood Pressure
- A lump may be felt in the abdomen
How the Diagnosis of kidney tumor is made?
The renal cell carcinoma is an accidental detection in most cases as it doesn’t produce any symptoms in the initial stages. It is found out accidentally when the ultrasound or CT scan is performed for any other reason.
Treatment of Renal Cancer or Kidney Tumors
- The Renal Tumors don’t respond to traditional chemo or radiotherapy.
- The Nephrectomy Surgery – Nephrectomy surgery is the removal of the diseased (cancerous) kidney surgically. Nephrectomy can be radical or partial.
- So the minimal invasive surgery for renal tumors in the form of Laparoscopic Radical Nephrectomy involves the removal of the whole kidney.
- Another option is minimal invasive surgery for renal tumors in the form of Laparoscopic Partial Nephrectomy, in which only a part of the kidney is removed. The choice of surgery depends upon the stage and extent of the tumor. This is also known as Nephron Sparing Surgery or NSS.
- So Nephrectomy can be done either laparoscopically or by open surgery.
- Targeted Antiangiogenic Therapy – This treatment is for advanced renal cancers. Some antiangiogenic drugs are given to the patient which target the blood supply of tumor specifically. The blood supply of the tumor is hampered by these drugs. When the tumor cells don’t receive any blood they shrink and get inactivated.
- Immunotherapy – In immunotherapy treatment, the body’s immune system is boosted to fight the cancer naturally. The drugs are given by IV to increase the immunity of the cancer patient to fight the cancer of its own. It is also known as biological therapy.
For best kidney tumor treatment in delhi, book appointment with Dr Ashish Saini, here.
Excel Advanced Urology Center
Address 1 – R-13, 3rd Floor, Hansraj Gupta Rd, Part 1, Greater Kailash, New Delhi 110048
Address 2 – C-34, Ground floor Greater Kailash part -1, Delhi 110048,11-79685083