Kidney Stone Laser Treatment
Surgery Available – Yes
Hospitalization Required –Yes, it depends on the type of disease and its treatment.
Lab Tests Facility – Available
Emergency Treatment – Available
In-Patient Facilities – Available
Imaging Facility – Available
Same-Day Appointment – Available
Recovery Rate – Recovery rates are high.
Meet Dr Ashish Saini - Best Sexologist / Urologist in Delhi, NCR and India
Kidney stones are the crystal like formations formed in the kidney or anywhere in the urinary tract. They are mostly made up of calcium and oxalate compounds. Kidney stones are generally diagnosed due to a severe flank pain episode. If they are left untreated, then their size keeps on increasing as the time paases by.
Symptoms of Kidney Stone
- Blood in Urine (not common)
- Excruciating pain in flank and side/ Colicky Abdominal Pain
- Digestive symptoms (not common)
Risk Factors for Kidney Stones
- Less liquid consumption
- Frequent Urinary tract Infections
- Genetic predispositions of stone
Kidney Stone Laser Treatment in Delhi
The treatment of Kidney stone depend on the size of the stone. If the size of the stone is less than 6 mm then the chances of it passing out in the urine stream is more than 40 percent. So the medicines are given to make the flow of urine stronger and to melt the stone away. If the stone is larger than the mentioned size, then some other measures are taken. Most common of them are –
- RIRS (Retrograde IntraRenal Surgery) – In this treatment, a scope is passed through the urethra to the bladder and then to the ureter. After that the scope enters into the kidney. Here the stone is broken down and removed with the help of tip baskets present at the end of the scope. No cuts or scars are included in this surgery as the natural urethral opening is used to remove the stone. It is the best procedure for stones of less than 2 cm in size.
- URS (Ureteroscopy) – In this treatment procedure, the scope is passed through the urethra to the ureter. After that the stone is removed after fragmenting it into various pieces with the help of laser. A stent is placed inside the ureter to allow easy flow of stone fragments. This stent is removed after about 4 weeks of procedure.
- PCNL (Percutaneous Nephrolithotripsy) – PCNL is a minimal invasive procedure recommended for larger kidney stones, that is more than 2 cm in size or complicated stones. A small puncture wound is made through the skin and the scope is passed through it. After the scope reaches the kidney, stone is broken down into small pieces. The stone is then taken out. A drainage tube is then attached to it to it.
To know more about kidney stone laser treatment in Delhi or to get treated for kidney stones, book an appointment with Dr. Ashish Saini here.